Would not trade this experience for anything!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant III  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant III in San Diego, CA

I worked at UC San Diego as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful Staff and students - great contribution to the San Diego Community and beyond.
State of the art research and medical care. No age discrimination whatsoever! Young and old all working together...very refreshing!

Cons

Huge cost to park on campus - contract and temporary employees not interviewed before being placed on assignment

More communication to staff

Other Reviews for UC San Diego

Excellent benefits

I have been working at UC San Diego

Pros

Great people and good compensation

Cons

Must work the occasional weekend

Working for EH&S provided me with a new career path.

Current Employee - Senior Environment Health and Safety Technician  in  La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Environment Health and Safety Technician in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at UC San Diego full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

UCSD functions as a small city, and has to comply with a slew of regulatory agencies to maintain all their hazardous materials permits in compliance. They provide you with so much training that will really help in building your resume. Most jobs within EH&S are half in-office and half in the field, so there is a great deal of flexibility in your schedule which I always loved.

Cons

Having an opportunity to be promoted will take a long time (5 years with no promotion in my case). It is difficult if not impossible to be "promoted" but positions do open up that will allow you to reach for higher pay by applying for a higher level position when there are vacancies.

There are newer employer reviews for UC San Diego.

Worked for UC San Diego? Contribute to the Community!