There are newer employer reviews for UC San Francisco

Great exposure to real-world problems

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Postdoctoral Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UC San Francisco full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. World-class research. 2. Access to the best infrastructure one can possibly get in a university or even an industry setting. 3. Best place to network with academic and industry leaders. 4. Good union that looks after the well-being of post-doctoral scholars and reseachers.

Cons

Visa restrictions for international students causes minor difficulties when starting a new post doc. However, the same is true at any other university. So, this is not really a deal-breaker when you look at the pros of being at UCSF.

330 Other Employee Reviews for UC San Francisco (View Most Recent)

Enlightening and interesting place to work

Former Employee - Several  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Several in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UC San Francisco part-time for more than a year

Pros

I"ve worked in several departments at UCSF. All in all I was treated well and encouraged by each of the managers for whom I worked.

Cons

The "cons" were typical of working as an admin in almost any environment...the inherent conflicts between worker bees and managers..lack of adequate salary increases and the like.

I'd like to see more emphasis on hiring admin staff with true education. It gaules me to see people with any post secondary education rise from secretarial type positions to division level management positions.

You get to work with some of the brightest minds in research and patient care.

I have been working at UC San Francisco full-time

Pros

The vast majority of the people at UCSF are smart, dedicated and genuinely want to help people through basic science, clinical research and patient care.

Cons

Like any big organization, it can be bureaucratic and they are sometimes slow to adapt to changes. Some senior managers are behind the times and can slow progress.

Be open to new ideas and try something different if you want different results.

There are newer employer reviews for UC San Francisco

Worked for UC San Francisco? Contribute to the Community!