UC San Francisco

www.ucsf.edu
  www.ucsf.edu
There are newer employer reviews for UC San Francisco

Enlightening and interesting place to work

Former Employee - Several in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Several in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UC San Francisco part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I"ve worked in several departments at UCSF. All in all I was treated well and encouraged by each of the managers for whom I worked.

Cons

The "cons" were typical of working as an admin in almost any environment...the inherent conflicts between worker bees and managers..lack of adequate salary increases and the like.

I'd like to see more emphasis on hiring admin staff with true education. It gaules me to see people with any post secondary education rise from secretarial type positions to division level management positions.

365 Other Employee Reviews for UC San Francisco (View Most Recent)

You get to work with some of the brightest minds in research and patient care.

I have been working at UC San Francisco full-time

Pros

The vast majority of the people at UCSF are smart, dedicated and genuinely want to help people through basic science, clinical research and patient care.

Cons

Like any big organization, it can be bureaucratic and they are sometimes slow to adapt to changes. Some senior managers are behind the times and can slow progress.

Be open to new ideas and try something different if you want different results.

Learned a lot, and have great memories, but many things could have been much smoother with the appropriate support

Former Employee - Graduate Student Researcher in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Graduate Student Researcher in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UC San Francisco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a tremendous amount of talent at this institution, as well as a diverse array of resources.

Cons

UCSF is a public institution, and appears to always be riding the ragged edge financially. One consequence of this is considerable consolidation/turnover of the administrative staff in recent years, which can make it really hard to get things done effectively. Also, student health benefits are quite paltry.

Put some pressure on the administrative staff to get things done quickly and efficiently.

There are newer employer reviews for UC San Francisco