UCB

www.ucb.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for UCB

It was the best pharmaceutical company I've worked for in the industry.

Former Employee - Professional Sales Representative
Former Employee - Professional Sales Representative

I worked at UCB full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great management and culture. This position provided alot of opportunity to grow during the years I was there.

Cons

My division dismantled in 2010 and many of the people I worked with are no longer there.

102 Other Employee Reviews for UCB (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity for professional development

I have been working at UCB (less than a year)

Pros

The opportunities for professional development are terrific. Working in an environment where it is necessary to effectively communicate across work functions to move the business forward has been most beneficial to my development. Management is terrific and acknowledge when good work is done. Leadership is working hard to provide more employee benefits. Employees are very friendly and are genuinely interested in your well being.

Cons

Can be tedious at times and the work environment does not encourage creativity. Leadership is trying, but it is not translating well. Also, the recent reorganization has confused all employees because they no longer know exactly where they fit in .

Implement an organizational structure and stick with it.

The noisy players get promoted, not the talented individuals

Former Employee - Associate Director in Smyrna, GA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Smyrna, GA

I worked at UCB full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some good managers
    A few good brands

Cons

If you want to get promoted, be noisy, unfriendly and know-it-all, you'll get there - no matter what you actually deliver. If you are a hard-working and talented individual, no way.
    Salary is very modest
    New 'Patient Solutions Teams' -structure is 'patient centricity' to the outside world, in reality it means that medical team members report to marketing people. And marketing people decide on the research projects.
    Very bad processes, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Make sure medical people do not report to marketing people.
    Not many processes actually work at UCB, due to this, the company looses a lot of money every single day.
    Ask for 360° feedback - from everyone in teams - before actually promoting anyone. The noisy people are not the best.

There are newer employer reviews for UCB