There are newer employer reviews for UCB

Great Company with amazing benefits

Current Employee - Intern  in  Smyrna, GA
Current Employee - Intern in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at UCB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great mission, great benefits, very diverse and inclusive, great employee perks (i.e. discounts, on-campus gym with free classes and membership, on campus car wash, and on-campus dry cleaners in the Atlanta location).

Cons

long work hours, hiring freeze (so must work a long time as a contractor first with no benefits), lots of training (mostly due to FDA regulations and SOP changes).

I had a wonderful manager, but this is not the case for everyone. Overall, I think management is great here, but my advice for some managers would be to make sure you are utilizing everyone's talents. I saw on other teams where people with PhDs were only compiling reports from databases (no analysis necessary) and making copies for a living. And that can really lower morale. But if you make sure you bring this up in your interview, management seems pretty accommodating.

85 Other Employee Reviews for UCB (View Most Recent)

Interesting Company

I worked at UCB

Pros

Decent compensation, freedom to build, accountability for results

Cons

Bizarre political atmosphere, often contrary to good business. Distinct operating culture between Brussels and US. Often leadership will defer decision making until the rest of world has passed it by.

The US affiliate is a leading source of innovation. This is where the investment belongs

It was the best pharmaceutical company I've worked for in the industry.

Former Employee - Professional Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Professional Sales Representative

I worked at UCB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great management and culture. This position provided alot of opportunity to grow during the years I was there.

Cons

My division dismantled in 2010 and many of the people I worked with are no longer there.

There are newer employer reviews for UCB

Worked for UCB? Contribute to the Community!