UCB

www.ucb.com
  www.ucb.com
There are newer employer reviews for UCB

Anymore bad news?

Current Employee - Project Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at UCB

Pros

It used to be the people, but slowly they are leaving and now this is just another corporate looking after it's shareholders.

Cons

The company is too Belgian centric. It needs to embrace it's multi national employees.
There is no accountability.
Mergers and acquistions have not been successful.

Leave Belgium! Ok, don't be so drastic, but acknowledge there are other more innovative countries and people. Do a deep clean of the "lifers" who stay around to pick up their pensions. Bring in some new people and ideas and freshen things up.
What is the return on investment on the research work done?

92 Other Employee Reviews for UCB (View Most Recent)

Patient centered company

Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at UCB full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Patient focus - always
    benefits
    colleagues

Cons

none that I can think of

Watch your back

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

I worked at UCB full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I liked the pay and benefits, and most of the people I worked with were very pleasant. Good work/life balance is nice. The food in the cafeteria is good as well.

Cons

Sneaky management team ready to throw you under the bus. Serious lack of focus regarding what the company needs to be doing for the future. Trans-Atlantic work is a real challenge, given that things are run out of Brussels. Tons of pointless summit meetings and BS activities where all people do is talk about what they "should" be doing. The so-called "patient focus" is a joke; all UCB cares about is selling product.

Set concrete, individual metrics for incentives and hold people accountable for meeting those metrics. You cannot drive change unless people have skin in the game.

There are newer employer reviews for UCB