Good place to work

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at UCHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health and retirement benefits are great

Cons

Mediocre management and slow advancement

Other Employee Reviews for UCHealth

Going downhill fast

Current Employee - RN II in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - RN II in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at UCHealth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Still some genuine caring staff that haven't given up and work together as a team. I like my direct supervisor.

Cons

People are leaving in droves because of the day to day stress of continual change and increases in nurse to patient ratios. The lack of caring exhibited when 5 hospitals merged into one huge company is astounding. They are dismantling their best hospitals piece meal. Pay is uneven across the company for equal jobs. After 10 years I'm finally considering leaving myself.

Advice to Management

Back off on some of these changes before there is a sentinel event. Hospitals full of new nurses and clinical staff, overworked and understaffed, are sure to cause harm to our patients. I'd be surprised if there haven't been some already. Nurses want to feel good about the care they are giving. Equalize pay and shift differentials between the hospitals. Do you think we don't communicate with each other?

Taking health care to it's lowest common denominator

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at UCHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

the few remaining employees who still try to give great patient care despite the avalanche of garbage they're trying to withstand, co-workers seem for the most part to support each other

Cons

every day something else happens, feeling like you're walking into a minefield every day you go to work, has decimated the morale of the workforce, employees feel like management does not care about them at all, more demands on fewer staff while the number of CEOs seems to multiply.

Advice to Management

If you can't figure out what you're doing without running to consultants, can't communicate with staff because you don't know what you're doing, can't staff units to provide quality patient care, then get out of the health care business.