There are newer employer reviews for UCI Medical Affiliates

Growth Issues

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at UCI Medical Affiliates

Pros

UCI cares about their corporate employees, and shows it through some of their benefit programs. They offer free healthcare to employees and their family. The 401-K is matched at a 150% rate up to 4%. There are also other perks like the company gym.

Cons

There are some issues in management of the company. There has been a tremendous amount of growth, but policies/procedures have not adapted to the size of the company. Many of the supervisors and managers do not have a background in managing people, and unfortunately, it shows.

Advice to Management

Focus on getting management up to par.

reviews filtered by
  1. Current Employee

Current Employee - Clinical Personnel
    Current Employee - Clinical Personnel

I have been working at UCI Medical Affiliates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Physicians, flexible schedules, 401K with company match dollar for dollar.

Cons

Low pay, many responsibilities for the pay including housekeeping and taking out trash, high deductible health insurance, almost no training, hard work with no appreciation from management.
    High turnover rate do to the above.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your staff and helping them out. Everyone is suppose to be a team player, but employees follow what they see. Reward the good and get rid of the bad.

2. It was an excellent entry-level learning experience that helped me broaden my knowledge in healthcare administration.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at UCI Medical Affiliates as an intern

Pros

The working environment was very welcoming with friendly staff that guided me through things that I didn't know how to do. It was also a great hands-on experience that allowed me to work closely with different doctors and see how administration works.

Cons

Because I did work with doctors, a lot of things required certain certifications that limited my ability to take part in these activities.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see how other's did work when there was down time in order to expand my knowledge

There are newer employer reviews for UCI Medical Affiliates