UCLA Health
www.uclahealthcareers.org Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Fund Manager

Fund Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

Pros-Flexible hours - some departments offer 4/40 (work 10 hours per day and get one day off per week) or 9/80 schedule (work 9 hours per day and get one day off every 2 weeks)
- Many campus activities provided to employee to promote wellness (free yoga, i heart walking, BHIP program, etc.)
- Compared to many corporation, you barely need to work overtime
- Great benefit and paid holiday (campus closure during christmas most departments are closed for a week or so)
- Great training center (they provide all classes for you to learn the system, policies, and even excel and access classes)
- Many advancement opportunities from department to department

Cons- Constantly changing system and procedures without notice and no one has an answer or take the responsibility
- Different departments have different standards and procedures
- Increase in pay is very difficult and it could take 6-8 months until it's approved

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease think through all possible technical problems when converting to a new system. Send out employee survey and ask our opinions. Many management do not understand the front line problems that we are facing.

Disrespectful, uncooperative and ineffective leadership

(Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA Health full-time for less than a year

Pros: I was in an administrative position at UCLA Health and I was shocked at the level of office politics and lack of effective leadership in… Cons: 1. Lack of leadership (the senior director of my group stayed at work till 10 pm when there are no major deliverables (and this… Advice to Senior Management: Significant changes need to occur to create a cohesive and unified culture. I definitely did not feel part of the team when I was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Potential to advance is limitless.

Benefit Analyst (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA Health full-time for less than a year

Pros: Excellent Benefits and Uniforms have been implemented. Close to LAX. Cons: Parking is Expensive and there is no street parking. Advice to Senior Management: Move a bit more quickly. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on UCLA Health.

Worked for UCLA Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCLA Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UCLA Health CEO Dr. David T. Feinberg. All reviews posted anonymously by UCLA Health employees.