There are newer employer reviews for UCLA Health

As a student worker, it's a great place to work at

Former Employee - Budget Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Budget Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a student worker, every department is flexible with work schedules. The HR team is always very attentive with payroll questions and purchasing orders.

Cons

Working part-time, you are only allowed a maximum of 20 weekly hours. Sick and holiday pay is not considered unless you are full time.

Keep up the good work! The HR team needs more employees since purchasing orders since delays and mistakes occur often.

85 Other Employee Reviews for UCLA Health (View Most Recent)

very satisfied with workload and benefits at UCLA

Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

comprehensive benefits package are great! people are very friendly. i stayed in a lab that has continuous funding, so I was pretty secured until I had another offer in the biotech industry.

i love going to Westwood Village for lunch or happy hour. it's got an inclusive college town vibe, yet it's so close to Santa Monica or West Hollywood where we can go for some more play time. makes me forget all the bad traffic i have to go through everyday.

Cons

traffic sucks all-year long, plus staffs don't get free parking space. monthly costs ~$60, and continues to increase every year. low pay to start with, but it increases each year by unions and based on funding of the PI.

Full-time career employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Definite stability, a place you can continue to work at for many years
    -Starting to adapt more to change
    -Solid organization with a great reputation for providing the best healthcare
    -Hard to lose your job here

Cons

-Leadership can be questionable
    -Resistant to change
    -Many employees have been there for a long time who are inefficient simply because they are lazy - because they are so nurturing of employees, these people continue to get away with not doing much of anything - even if they hold up everything

-Take a look at your employees - reward those who work hard, and don't nurture those who don't
    -There is a great deal of poor leadership among the ranks

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA Health