UCLA

it is good.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

The working style is Flexible. You don't need to care about the working schedule. It is also easy to have vacation as long as you finish work on time. There is not interest conflict between colleagues.

Cons

It often happens to be a salary cap in the University.

646 Other Employee Reviews for UCLA (View Most Recent)

It allowed for personal growth, connection-making, and steps for future.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

Very prestigious, working with highly intelligent people motivate me to do my best as well. I made many friends who I found to be helpful.

Cons

Payment could have been better, but I didn't expect too much as an undergraduate student. Thank you for the experience.

Keep up the good work, UCLA is the jewel of California and United States and we need to keep producing world leaders.

Lack of leadership and accountability.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

- There are a number of employees who are brilliant, extremely talented and kind people.
    - Quality reputation from the outside looking in.
    - Good benefits

Cons

- Everything you know about bad management is here.
    - Funds are constantly inappropriately allocated. Paying high fees to outside contractors where the same (most likely - much better) job can be done in-house.
    - Not rewarded or recognized for achievement unless you among the select few who ALWAYS get the pat on the back and some $$ added to their paycheck.
    - Huge employee turnaround.
    - Inability to think about the future of the organization strategically.
    - No opportunity to grow, advance within the department.
    - Low salaries for most employees (but high salaries for upper management).
    - Relatives, friends and friends of friends of senior leadership get hired for high positions (often incompetent and not qualified for the job), where qualified existing staff isn't even remotely considered for advancement.
    - Although there is a huge budget crisis, money is always found when a perfectly fine senior level manager's office needs to be "renovated" and new designer furniture bought.

Ask yourself, "What have I done that is positive within the last year"?
    Ask yourself, "How many extremely qualified individuals have come through these doors and quit? Why did they resign?
    Check the pulse of your team once in a while and see how they are doing.
    Listen to criticism because your job is not to react but solve issues or make things within the unit work better and employees happier. Happy employees=productivity and progress. Haven't you figured it out yet?!

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA