Overall good place to work.

Former Employee - Events Services  in  West Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Events Services in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

Its convenient if you live on campus cuz its so close by, and the wage is decent. I worked at ucla for a year and it was a great experience cuz i was able to get into some free screenings of movies that played on campus. The people I worked with were great and that was one of the best reasons I enjoyed my work experience at ucla. I would do it again and would recommend my friends to the job as well. I would have worked longer but at the time I quit i was going to graduate.

Cons

The wage could be better, and the stuff I did was sometimes easy, sometimes hard.

I would tell them to pay the employees more because students need the money.

Other Reviews for UCLA

It's a boring job that pays poorly, but it's on campus and pretty convenient scheduling wise.

Former Employee - Student Support Staff  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Student Support Staff in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

Good Schedule for a student, because they work around your school schedule.

Cons

The pay is fairly lousy, and the manager is not the best. It's hard to make any money doing the work, and sometimes they are less than flexible about your work time. It's also just a lot of boring rote work and stuff like that, which isn't exactly the most fun or exciting work in the whole wide world. It's just so boring that the days really stretch out, and sometimes you will just have to leave early because there is no way you can possibly handle an extra 2 - 3 hours at the place. It's kind of iserable in that regard.

It would be hard to make that job better.

Great place to work for a little while.

Former Employee - Front Desk Supervisor  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

collegiality, is a good place to work while going to school. You get to meet a lot of people who are coming into the gym to work out, and it is definitely a place to be seen on campus. The work is not really hard and you are able to do other things such as homework or studying whil eon the clock. Some of the management realizes taht this is just a student job, so they are not super serious or hard on you, while others have an unrealistic expectation of what employees should do. Overall, I would recommend working at the JWC.

Cons

not really a future working there

let the workers have more involvement in managament decisions

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!