There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Overall good place to work.

Former Employee - Events Services in West Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Events Services in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

Its convenient if you live on campus cuz its so close by, and the wage is decent. I worked at ucla for a year and it was a great experience cuz i was able to get into some free screenings of movies that played on campus. The people I worked with were great and that was one of the best reasons I enjoyed my work experience at ucla. I would do it again and would recommend my friends to the job as well. I would have worked longer but at the time I quit i was going to graduate.

Cons

The wage could be better, and the stuff I did was sometimes easy, sometimes hard.

Advice to Management

I would tell them to pay the employees more because students need the money.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

UCLA - work if you want stability but don't come for money, fun, growth, or normal workign relationships

Current Employee - Management Services Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management Services Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

Retirement and benefits. That's it.

Cons

Management and leadership is terrible. Petty and personal agendas dominate the working landscape making for inefficient workking environment, inconsistent treatment and little to no chance of professional growth or advancement. And the pay is not competitive. So many people are so overly protective and paranoid.

Advice to Management

Cut the fat. Tighten the ship. Fire the stragglers. Acknowledge the ones who work hard and haven't been poisoned by this cancerous work culture.

2. UCLA not a bad place to be.

Current Employee - Student Affairs Officer II in West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Student Affairs Officer II in West Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

Job security is one thing that you will always have with public sector work. There are a ton of vacation days that are paid in addition to personal and sick days. In many cases you hit the ceiling for your personal and sick days with normal usage.

Cons

Job security is a double-edged sword also means little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Push employees that are not productive instead of the employees who are.