There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

it's a good experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

good enviroemnt. need to work hard to get the work done. take so much time to figure out the problem

Cons

bad expereinceiroemnt. need to work hard to get the work done. take so much time to figure out the problem

iroemnt. need to work hard to get the work done. take so much time to figure out the problem ac

542 Other Employee Reviews for UCLA (View Most Recent)

Lack of leadership and accountability.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

- There are a number of employees who are brilliant, extremely talented and kind people.
    - Quality reputation from the outside looking in.
    - Good benefits

Cons

- Everything you know about bad management is here.
    - Funds are constantly inappropriately allocated. Paying high fees to outside contractors where the same (most likely - much better) job can be done in-house.
    - Not rewarded or recognized for achievement unless you among the select few who ALWAYS get the pat on the back and some $$ added to their paycheck.
    - Huge employee turnaround.
    - Inability to think about the future of the organization strategically.
    - No opportunity to grow, advance within the department.
    - Low salaries for most employees (but high salaries for upper management).
    - Relatives, friends and friends of friends of senior leadership get hired for high positions (often incompetent and not qualified for the job), where qualified existing staff isn't even remotely considered for advancement.
    - Although there is a huge budget crisis, money is always found when a perfectly fine senior level manager's office needs to be "renovated" and new designer furniture bought.

Ask yourself, "What have I done that is positive within the last year"?
    Ask yourself, "How many extremely qualified individuals have come through these doors and quit? Why did they resign?
    Check the pulse of your team once in a while and see how they are doing.
    Listen to criticism because your job is not to react but solve issues or make things within the unit work better and employees happier. Happy employees=productivity and progress. Haven't you figured it out yet?!

It allowed for personal growth, connection-making, and steps for future.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

Very prestigious, working with highly intelligent people motivate me to do my best as well. I made many friends who I found to be helpful.

Cons

Payment could have been better, but I didn't expect too much as an undergraduate student. Thank you for the experience.

Keep up the good work, UCLA is the jewel of California and United States and we need to keep producing world leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!