good

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

good place to work, good people and nice weather. not very challenging job. if you want to relax you can be here

Cons

too busy to have eprsonal time and jhard to communicate with ppl here. too many levels and too hard to communicate

reviews filtered by
  1. Not much room for professional growth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

It's good for resume experience. Working at a school, the environment is nice and you can meet students to make friends.

Cons

Pretty much a source for cheap labor because they always compare you to starving students who would take the job for nothing.

Advice to Management

Though student labor is cheap, you get what you pay for. Offering competitive salaries will result in getting better products.

2. Did not pay well but very interesting

Former Employee - Lead Research Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Research Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

As a research assistant, I could work from home or from campus; I had access to the best research sources and technologies, and the job was very interesting. The campus is beautiful and it is a dream place to work if you like research in social sciences.

Cons

No benefit, bad salary, expensive parking, and not rewarded according to your abilities but according to your level of education. I only had a bachelor degree but I was doing the job of a graduate student. Because I was not a graduate student I was not offer another job opportunity once my job ended.

Advice to Management

To implement a work review program so that gifted workers can have an opportunity to grow and perhaps start a graduate school program. Work experience is the best way to find out which graduate program to join.