There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Did not pay well but very interesting

Former Employee - Lead Research Assistant  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Lead Research Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

As a research assistant, I could work from home or from campus; I had access to the best research sources and technologies, and the job was very interesting. The campus is beautiful and it is a dream place to work if you like research in social sciences.

Cons

No benefit, bad salary, expensive parking, and not rewarded according to your abilities but according to your level of education. I only had a bachelor degree but I was doing the job of a graduate student. Because I was not a graduate student I was not offer another job opportunity once my job ended.

To implement a work review program so that gifted workers can have an opportunity to grow and perhaps start a graduate school program. Work experience is the best way to find out which graduate program to join.

543 Other Employee Reviews for UCLA (View Most Recent)

Launchpad to grad school opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

-working with the brightest minds in the field or industry
    -publishing opportunities
    -great work environment, lots of people, different personalities

Cons

-pay is mediocre
    -raises are not commensurate with effort
    -high turnover
    -budget cuts

-hold on to your employees, treat them well, and they will not leave, especially the career oriented employees. high turnover costs the university more money.

Teaching at UCLA was very rewarding in my department because the training was good and the support was excellent.

Former Employee - Teaching Fellow  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Teaching Fellow in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA

Pros

There are so many resources available on campus to employees and students to enjoy. There's a lot of campus pride.

Cons

The bureaucracy is awful and it makes getting even simple things done a big pain. The parking is also very, very expensive.

TA's are treated fairly well given the tuition reimbursements that accompany salary; however, payment for jobs needs to happen a lot earlier or at more frequent intervals. If you're teaching in the Fall, you don't get paid until a month after school starts, which after three months of no summer salary makes for a very long time between payments.

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!