UCLA
www.ucla.edu Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

meh

Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee)

I worked at UCLA full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice environment. Youthful atmosphere being a college campus. Tons of diversity and lots of services right out your window.

ConsParking is limited and expensive. Opportunities for advancement are scarce. Academic Department heads seriously undervalue their administrative staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more oversight with respect to how faculty manage their money and their employees. It's like a bunch of poorly run small businesses with no oversight or repercussions for bad business practices. Many of these faculty would lose their shops if they didn't have someone (ie. the taxpayer) bailing them out left and right.

The work environment is great!

Student Affairs Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at UCLA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Wonderful campus and work environment. Very friendly people. Cons: Many entry level positions are limited in terms of growth. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great environment to work in, even if the pay for staff is low

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at UCLA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: a lot of freedom in an academic environment work hours and… Cons: budget cuts have hurt the mood staff are the first to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on UCLA.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCLA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UCLA CEO Gene D. Block. All reviews posted anonymously by UCLA employees.