There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Interesting work, never a dull moment

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

It's a world renown college campus with powerhouse athletics, a Level I trauma center and hub for a regional health system. Needless to say something interesting is always happening somewhere.

Cons

You are a number in a massive bureaucracy. Plus you have to deal with the comings and goings of 65,000 staff, students, and visitors jamming Westwood on a daily basis.

541 Other Employee Reviews for UCLA (View Most Recent)

It's alright

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

Name recognition and top notch research.

Cons

Constant bureaucracy because it's a giant university.

Great benefits, high politics, a place where careers go to die

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

UCLA offers great benefits, but the salary is generally below market level. The political environment makes advancement difficult at times. By the same token, if you are on the correct side of the politics, you can advance your career very quickly. This is true of academic or staff positions.

Cons

More often than not, the employees at UCLA just don't care enough to go above and beyond. They make it difficult to want to interact with them. In turn, your progress is slowed to a crawl just waiting on something to be "process" (read: email printed, signed, placed into file, one database entry made, printed, signed, scanned, sent back via email)

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!