UCLA
www.ucla.edu Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

For the amount of work required, it pays very well.

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at UCLA part-time for more than a year

ProsHigh pay with a very doable workload. With so many classes offered, it's normally pretty easy to get a class that fits with your schedule. The fact that they also pay your tuition in addition to the high monthly pay is fantastic.

ConsStudents are in it for the grade. They have no real advice to learn. Often the professors aren't in it for the joy of teaching either. They are just interested in researching but are required to teach every once in a while. There's the rare professor who actually cares though, and that makes teaching more enjoyable.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder at ensuring TA's know what they're doing.

Well-rounded college experience in Sunny LA

Student (Former Employee)

I worked at UCLA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Gorgeous campus. We've got traditional style buildings and modern architecture too. -Gorgeous weather. You're going to school in LA! -A lot of great professors who… Cons: -GE Classes are huuuuge. You'll often feel lost, but once you get to your upper div classes, everything's a lot better. -Depending on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great people, but poor management of time, resources, and employees.

Resident Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at UCLA part-time for more than a year

Pros: Working as an RA is a great student job. Pretty flexible hours, lots of interaction with people, and… Cons: Wastes of money everywhere. Way too much spent on programs that residents don't want to attend. They put you through a lot of stupid trainings… Advice to Senior Management: Stop spending residents' money so carelessly. It should be spent on THEM, not our stupid staff activities and social justice trainings.… More

There are newer reviews on UCLA.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCLA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UCLA CEO Gene D. Block. All reviews posted anonymously by UCLA employees.