UCLA

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Well-rounded college experience in Sunny LA

Former Employee - Student in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Student in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Gorgeous campus. We've got traditional style buildings and modern architecture too.
-Gorgeous weather. You're going to school in LA!
-A lot of great professors who opened my eyes to knowledge I didn't even know I was interested in!
-Diverse campus life: whatever you want to do, it probably already exists

Cons

-GE Classes are huuuuge. You'll often feel lost, but once you get to your upper div classes, everything's a lot better.
-Depending on your major, you may have a lot of teachers who you just can't connect well with, but that's what the TA's are for!

592 Other Employee Reviews for UCLA (View Most Recent)

postdoc

Current Employee - Postdoctoral
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral

I have been working at UCLA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some intellectual freedom; good coworkers.

Cons

Highly constrained by professor goals and funding.

Great people, but poor management of time, resources, and employees.

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working as an RA is a great student job. Pretty flexible hours, lots of interaction with people, and your fellow RAs are generally really cool people. I have no complaints about the position itself, only the organization.

Cons

Wastes of money everywhere. Way too much spent on programs that residents don't want to attend. They put you through a lot of stupid trainings with guest speakers that cost a lot. Other examples, but I'll stop there. Residents can get clingy but it's up to you to define your relationship with them. ORL places a very excessive emphasis on "social justice", which basically is telling white males that they're terrible people. A lot of people in the organization are way too sensitive about everything.

Stop spending residents' money so carelessly. It should be spent on THEM, not our stupid staff activities and social justice trainings. You need to run the organization more like a business, and less like a non-profit with a giant grant from the government.

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA