There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Underpaid, overworked, very little training or employee development.

Current Employee - Student Affairs Officer II in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Student Affairs Officer II in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Brand name school that will look good on your resume, experience doing various tasks that can be applied in various work environments, beautiful campus, great location, steady job and depending on the department you work for, there are some great teams who well together and are a tight knit group.

Cons

Pay is very low with no raises for anyone for the last 2+ years for anyone in my department. Training is minimal, high turn over in my department so the work load increases often with no compensation. Depending on your department, you may witness gossipy co-workers and unfair and unequal treatment whether it is with the uneven pay for people in the same positions or favoritism toward certain people and exclusion of others for some office outings.

Start using team building activities, invest in employee development by providing thorough training when people are hired, take time to check in with employees from time to time and have open dialogues about how to improve employee morale and better serve the students.

566 Other Employee Reviews for UCLA (View Most Recent)

TA

I have been working at UCLA

Pros

Work with students, feel like you are making a difference

Cons

Exploited and not paid enough

Amazing university.

I worked at UCLA

Pros

I really learned a lot about myself and my strengths/weaknesses. I made memories I will cherish for a lifetime. Honestly, it's the best university in the world!

Cons

It was hard to manage all the activities I was involved with and school. Budget your time well.

There are newer employer reviews for UCLA