There are newer employer reviews for UCLA

Great first job

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant | Peer Counselor | Assistant Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours for my department and good work environment. I had great mentors and supervisors that were very helpful and honest which helped me better my job performance.

Cons

Even though I loved the work, a lot of the work may sometimes have to happen on your own time especially if you're a small department.

reviews filtered by
  1. Best job to work in UCLA

Former Employee - Engineering Course Reader in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Course Reader in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice environment to work in, supervisors and co-workers are very accommodating.
    Available for international students.

Cons

Although the requirement for this job is to get at least a B+ in that class, an A is more preferable.
    Must be highly organized.

None

2. It's a big school.

Former Employee - Student
    Former Employee - Student

I worked at UCLA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In terms of academics, there are lots of talented, extremely well qualified professors who can change your life here. In terms of social culture, I can't speak too much to it because I was a transfer student who commuted to campus--I largely steered clear of frats, social clubs, etc. and just stuck to my own Los Angeles friends outside of school.

Cons

The campus is really large, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your needs. You have more options, but it's easier to get lost in the shuffle.

None.