UCLA
www.ucla.edu Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Excellent Work Environment, Values & Culture; Excellent Benefits

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UCLA full-time for more than a year

ProsBeautiful campus, diversity, variety, convenience, staff discounts, lots to do, lots of ways to get involved and network, non-profit organization

ConsOther people love working for UCLA too, so many of the professionals with some experience under their belt tend to stay a looooong time (many until retirement). This is great for them, however, if you are a more junior employee, when you've grown and are ready to move up to the next step in your career, you may not be able to do so in your current department; however, there are often suitable positions open if you're willing and open to moving to a completely new department or division at a different location on campus.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it would be beneficial for management to take a more proactive, gregarious approach toward ushering and facilitating the career growth and leadership development f their junior employees. This would help to retain them and reduce turnover. There's only so long that an experience college (UCLA) grad is ok with being in an admin or coordinator role; eventually, they will outgrow the position and be ready to take the next step in their career, and UCLA management needs to anticipate, accept and be ready for this. If they do so, they won't lose the time and resources they invested in that employee, they will foster an even deeper sense of loyalty in the employee for their employer, and they will keep these great minds within their organization.

A well-managed place to work in

Junior Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: UCLA is a nice place for learning and working in an… Cons: Like any other governmental public organization the bureaucratic and time-consuming… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very positive

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA part-time for more than a year

Pros: Hours are flexible and I still have time to go… Cons: Pay isn't great ; not many opportunities for raises and… Advice to Senior Management: More ability to move up the ladder. Also, pay could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on UCLA.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCLA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UCLA CEO Gene D. Block. All reviews posted anonymously by UCLA employees.