UCLA
www.ucla.edu Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Location, Location, Location

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsA majority of the people you will work with are the nicest people you'll ever meet in a workplace. The benefits and time off are awesome.

ConsEverything depends on what department you work in. A few are great, most a good, a few are awful. Many managers got to their position not necessarily by being competent at their job but by managing to outlast everyone else. Every job is politics heavy and affecting any change can be almost impossible. Know your place and keep your head down is generally the name of the game.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid of innovation. Just because it's the way you've always done it doesn't mean there isn't a better way to do it. Be wary of the little kingdoms that people tend to build, this and stagnation kills morale.

Student employee at CLICC computer lab

Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at UCLA part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Overall an easy, flexible job that pays well for students.… Cons: Because it's an easy job a lot of students are lazy. They hire some people who are not able to tech troubleshoot. Career… Advice to Senior Management: Cut the lazy/un-knowledgeable student staff. Hire more career staff… More

Great place to work, lots of smart people

Research (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UCLA as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Work/life balance, nice people, opportunities Cons: Temp for a long time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on UCLA.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCLA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UCLA CEO Gene D. Block. All reviews posted anonymously by UCLA employees.