There are newer employer reviews for UCSF Medical Center

Love the people, can't stand the inefficient, unsafe, and wasteful way this place is run

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UCSF Medical Center part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love my co-workers. I really do love and appreciate the people I work with, everyone from my fellow RNs to the surgeons to the food service workers and transporters--they all make it a happy place for me to be. How many people get hugs and high-fives every single day?! Even if some angry patient barfs on me, I still couldn't have a bad day. I'm so lucky!

Cons

Chronic understaffing, executive administration that fails to recognize how they have actually incentivized departments to undermine the organization, nursing administration that is self-serving, too-large, and wasteful, lack of adequate policy and procedure undermining safe patient care, poor performing labor relations department that has led to staff distrust of the administration and strikes, lack of leadership development

Overhaul administration and get skilled and authentic leaders. Inspire trust in employees, don't do things like create and try to enforce an attendance policy that directly conflicts with a bargaining agreement...that makes your employees believe that UCSF is run by liars.

Go back to having HR and labor relations as separate departments, it's not a good idea to have every little thing become a union issue, but because of this, it does. Send labor relations employees to the Harvard negotiation project or something like that, they get paid to sit around and contribute nothing but a sour expression...find some value for them to contribute if there is no conflict. As it is, if there is no conflict, they need to stir some conflict up to make their jobs appear to be necessary.

91 Other Employee Reviews for UCSF Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Awesome workplace

I have been working at UCSF Medical Center

Pros

UCSF has unique and diverse culture

Cons

It is very difficult to find street parking and parking are expensive

Family oriented and very competitive

Current Employee - Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UCSF Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is very supportive and genuinely interested in seeing you grow within the organization.

Cons

Because it is a "government" job, there is more bureaucracy than I am use to.

Perfect. Keep nurturing your employees and they will know that you care.

There are newer employer reviews for UCSF Medical Center

Worked for UCSF Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!