UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)
www.ucsf.edu San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

An ideal employer that provided a stepping stone to further education in an environment supportive of learning.

Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsUCSF provided good benefits (health insurance, time off, retirement plans) and an ideal learning environment for a new graduate seeking additional education in the future. The team of health care providers and managers that I worked for expected a high level of performance, but also provided support and opporunities to learn and improve. Excelling at the job resulted in recognition and promotions.

ConsThe environment may very much depend on your leadership team. At times bureaucracy can be a barrier to advancement. Change and processes are very slow. Turnover in research teams is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a better appreciation for teams that really make things work efficiently - other groups can learn from their methods.

Great work experience

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good opportunity to learn a lot about the health care industry and lots of… Cons: Not a lot of advancement opportunities and chances to change… Advice to Senior Management: Be more open to innovation. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

UCSF

Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's the 2nd largest employer in San Francisco. Cons: It's a medical school, so lacks the humanities part of… Advice to Senior Management: jalejj fueiei Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on UCSF (University of California, San Francisco).

Worked for UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) CEO Susan Desmond-Hellmann. All reviews posted anonymously by UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) employees.