UDR

www.udr.com
  www.udr.com
There are newer employer reviews for UDR

Good at times, but not often enough.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UDR part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great perks for those who get lucky enough to be on a good team that gets to go to the awards banquet in Vegas. A decent online education system. Some nice communities around the country.

Cons

If you're not a favorite or best friend of someone above you, there's no chance to move anywhere but down. Given unrealistic goals and then punished by reviews when you can't meet them. It is common knowledge that nobody ever "meets expectations" when it comes to yearly reviews. Management is often more of a clique than the girls in middle or high school.

Rotate managers, district managers and have more interaction with the base level employees like porters, maint. techs, leasing teams, service managers. Your district managers have no respect for the company standards in most cases. Managers refuse to adhere to the work/life balance as listed in the company's beliefs.

73 Other Employee Reviews for UDR (View Most Recent)

UDR is the worst company I ever worked for!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at UDR full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are absolutely no positive aspects of that company.

Cons

The Regional Manager was incompetent, biased, and is under review with HR. Should have been fired last year but the company doesn't care about its employees enough to do anything. As long as numbers look good.

Take care of you employees better. UDR is cold hearted, impersonal, and should be sued for some of the practices of your Regional Managers.

Con Company

Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Nashville, TN

I worked at UDR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers in leasing office. That's it.

Cons

It started off great when I started in 2008 as a maintenance tech. I was at a nice property with 2 other techs and was on call every 3rd week. Good pay, good benefits, and good bonuses. Then starting in 2010 they changed the maintenance operation to where half of the service teams had to drive all over the city 30 miles + to go to other properties to do work, short staffed every property to ONE tech onsite. One tech can NOT handle a 300 unit property and all the maintenance it needs. So after I was put at a middle size property alone, I was able to keep up work orders and large problems but could never get to the grounds, pools, etc. Despite not having enough time to maintain my property I was told to spend half a day there, then half at a sister property that was larger to help catch up.

Was forced to take on call for 2 properties, then asked to cover for an ADDITIONAL 2 properties when they hired inexperienced workers. Bonuses stopped for everyone unless it came from surveys done by residents once a year. Yearly raises were 1-2% if you were a hard worker. Constantly being told, just be happy you have a job.

During a town hall conference call, we were told that because the housing market is bad right now people will be loosing their houses and we are going to raise market rents to take advantage of the increase in people looking. They don't supply service techs with the parts they need and will use old scrap parts to try and patch things. Example: Being told you cardboard to cover a drywall hole and TEXTURE IT.

Stop trying to rip off your employees and residents. Hire enough people to do the job and respect your customers.

There are newer employer reviews for UDR