UDR

www.udr.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for UDR

If you like to part take in foolishness and poor work ethics this place is for you!

Current Employee - Concierge Leasing in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Concierge Leasing in Washington, DC

I have been working at UDR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Billion $ Company / received 25 gift card for Christmas
- Holiday Luncheon - rice with no gravy

Cons

- Disgruntled employees in the DC market
- tones of inequalities amongst Concierge and Leasing
- You get spoken to as though we are still in the 60/70" and are the HELP
- You're always the token and never respected
- If you don't have the complexion for the connection YOU WONT GO FAR

- Make all accountable for their actions.
-Those who are on the low end of the totem are the ones who are really running it while your LAZEE Managers take credit

78 Other Employee Reviews for UDR (View Most Recent)

Disconnected with Property Management 101

Former Employee - Leasing in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UDR full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are decent, including discounted stock purchase giving you a feeling of ownership towards your results and job. My fellow co-workers were amazing people. UDR seeks to deploy technology that provides fast access to the resources you need and frees up time to focus on core job responsibilities.

Cons

Regional competitions were held that only focus on the number of leases and renewals, rather than percentages. This left only the large sites to always win and the smaller sites losing competitively and financially. It was also disappointing the winners got their prizes regardless of the prospect actually moving in or renewal actually starting.

Site visits focus on reports with little time spent on the property. Site visits should facilitate training and mentoring, and serve as a check and balance system. It should allow the regional to view the property for improvement needed. Instead, onsite teams beg for the things that are needed without regionals viewing the problems.

I experienced no in-person training but had online training that I was not given time in the office to complete, yet received emails that they need to be completed, leaving me to complete the training at home on my own time. I had no problem with this, except we were told there could be disciplinary action for donating time to the company; and I feared for my job should they discover this was completed on my days off.

Due to the structure of positions on-site (no Assistant Managers), advancement seems impossible.

Many numerical reports are prepared at the site level, but there’s no actual conversation about what’s really going on in the market, at the property, etc.

I was at first supportive of a commission structure that was based on occupancy as it held everyone accountable and made me look at the business aspect. But, when upper management is not accountable for hindering your abilities to rent/renew, then you’re also stuck with the reduced pay and they gain the reduced expense.

There is no company culture or sense of branding. Not once did I feel a part of UDR, just part of a property. I have no idea who anyone is in senior management other than who I had to send emails too or what I found out through my own online research.

Get back to basics. Control your controllables. Property management 101.

The focus I experienced was on the expenses line items. Cutting landscaping and hallway cleaning budgets may make those line items look better, but this frustrates residents. They end up reviewing you online and discussing these things in front of prospects in your leasing offices. The lost leases and added administrative burden on your teams costs more than the cost savings achieved.

The focus on reports and numbers shows a real disconnect with basics. Spend less time on spreadsheets and more time listening to your employees. The onsite team knows what it takes, but they are not permitted to do the best job possible; and no spreadsheet can tell you why the numbers aren't what you’re looking for. Lastly, the lack of listening or asking for the input in the first place, shows no regard for the human element; which is what this business is all about.

No good

Current Employee - Concierge in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Concierge in New York, NY

I have been working at UDR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tech advance, easier access to info's.

Cons

No one cares for people around you

Open your eyes and llok who is working next to you.

There are newer employer reviews for UDR