UDR
www.udr.com Littleton, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Nice people to work with, sub-par job

Marketing Associate (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA

ProsI like working at the company. They have a great culture, a relaxed atmosphere, and you get the chance to see some pretty cool properties/apartments.

ConsNot a lot of chance for upward mobility, unless you want to be doing the exact same thing for years to come. From what I have gained, you pretty much go from Marketing Associate, to Assistant Community Director to Community Director. While each role has its new challenges, nothing is too diversified from one another. I would love to stick with the company, but I will most likely quit soon since 90% of the positions within the company are completely binary in nature, and lack the ability for one to provide creative thought to the company's success. There's no 'Big Days' that you would ever have a chance to prepare for, and you will most likely develop a strong case of on the job boredom.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop more roles for people who want to get out of working directly in the communities. There are plenty of these roles available, however it would be great if they implicated some of them within other cities other than their main HQ in Colorado (yawn).

Management is lacking, but overall mission is worthwhile.

Community Director (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

I have been working at UDR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Compensation is competitive and at moments there are opportunities for… Cons: Lack of direction or support from upper management. Too many new initiatives rolled out constantly to be able… Advice to Senior Management: Be more involved with your teams. Contribute to their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Barcode scanner on forehead

Floating Assistant Director - Regional (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I worked at UDR full-time for more than a year

Pros: 401k and school reimbursement is decent. Cons: Pay is low for this industry. They treat you like a number with no care… Advice to Senior Management: Take some advice from yor employees on surveys and improve… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on UDR.

Worked for UDR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UDR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UDR CEO Thomas W. Toomey. All reviews posted anonymously by UDR employees.