There are newer employer reviews for UGL Services

Good entry opportunity for Commercial Brokerage

Current Employee - Transaction Advisor  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Transaction Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UGL Services

Pros

Very little internal competition, good training program. Great mentoring program. Solid senior brokers in the atlanta office with great experience.

Cons

Lots of cold calling. Few potential clients have heard of UGL Equis. Very few opportunities for inbound business. The office shrunk from 12 brokers to 5 over the past year. Unlikely to offer a draw anytime soon.

Continue to build brand; invest more in regional offices. Give better opportunities to involve junior brokers in more deals for experience.

24 Other Employee Reviews for UGL Services (View Most Recent)

Equis is an interesting place

Former Employee - Proposal Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at UGL Services

Pros

good location, decent pay, pretty flexible about time off, many nice, interesting people work there

Cons

cheap ownership in the Aussies - not great leadership - management is kind of a mess - marketing has a tough role in telling a story that is yet to be written

Communicate more, more frequently, celebrate wins, improve on org development issues

Enter at your own risk

Former Employee - Lease Administrator  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at UGL Services

Pros

Potential jumping off point to another company. They do give year end bonuses. There is a certain amount of autonomy to get your work done.

Cons

the company is sinking to the competition in some of its markets. Benefits (specifically health/medical, dental and vision) are atrociously overpriced. In non-headquarters locations, supplies are scarce. My first day, I was forced to connect my own computer (IT in Chciago did not provide information to the Office Manager as to how to connect it) and go to Staples to buy my own supplies (and while I was reimbursed for some, I was not compensated for all of them). I also (for the duration of my time at Equis) was set up in their small conference room, because there were no free desks to set up my workstation. Although during my tenure employees left, freeing up space, I was never moved.

Even if you are in a remote location (i.e., work in Chicago, staff works in Philadelphia or Denver) make sure to keep communication lines open. Don't wait until it's too late to get in touch.

There are newer employer reviews for UGL Services

Worked for UGL Services? Contribute to the Community!