UHY Advisors

There are newer employer reviews for UHY Advisors

Great Firm for Strong Performers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY Advisors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talent is appreciated and recognized. Not alot of micromanagement. The firm appreciates people who take initiative - they make it easy to do so and encourage it. PTO is very healthy.

Cons

Less "support" than you would see with a larger firm (training, policies, etc.) Benefit to some, drawback for others. Benefits are competitive, but not impressive. Difficult environment for those looking for a checklist or formal career path.

62 Other Employee Reviews for UHY Advisors (View Most Recent)

bad experience

Former Employee - Staff Auditor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Staff Auditor in New York, NY

I worked at UHY Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you will learn something in short period of time. compensation is competitive in comparison with other firms. Conveniently located in midtown.

Cons

NO support or guidance, no training, policies at all. People divided by groups. Very difficult to adjust for new people because work environment is very disgusting. Seniors do not have much experience, they do not want to be bothered with questions.

Management should allow staff to review seniors which will help to improve their performance.

First Rate Accounting and Auditing company

Current Employee - I T Service in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - I T Service in San Juan, PR

I have been working at UHY Advisors as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

This privately owned professional accounting and auditing firm is a company with friendly management and owners. They provide competitive salaries and a wide variety of opportunities within the accounting and auditing field. They are committed to keeping up with the latest accounting methods and laws and have frequent seminars to help in this.One of the few accounting firms that can handles both U.S. and P.R. tax returns.

Cons

The hours can be demanding especially around tax time. While the tax preparers work almost entirely in the office, auditors frequently have to drive fairly long distances as much of the auditing work is in the client premises.

Strive to work more closely with I.T.

There are newer employer reviews for UHY Advisors