There are newer employer reviews for UHY LLP

Awesome Place to Work

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at UHY LLP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people helping you every step of your career. Ive been here forever. I love it. Good opportinites and good people

Cons

Local, Growth opportunities in some departments, billboards are not so good and professional. Would like to see a updated look.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

reviews filtered by
  1. Best alternative to the big 4; good talented people; good work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UHY LLP

Pros

Great peers and coworkers. Smart people that work hard. Entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to steer your own career. Good work life balance compared to big 4.

Cons

Not as much support in areas like HR, Marketing and Admin as bigger firms. Expensive benefits. Busy seasons are brutal as they are at any public accounting firm. Lack of continuing education programs, more self directed.

Advice to Management

More transparency with non partner levels regarding changes to personnel, policies, financial results, etc. Consider different recognition program for sales (cross selling services, expansion of existing relationships and new to firm clients).

Learned a lot.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at UHY LLP

Pros

Good experience to learn a lot of different audit areas working on smaller clients. I respected the managers and seniors I worked for.

Cons

Communication from management about issues at the firm was not very good. It's public accounting so during busy season you work a lot.

Advice to Management

Be open with your staff about issues and concerns to prevent gossip and frustration. Overall I learned a lot while I was there.

There are newer employer reviews for UHY LLP