UK National Health Service

www.nhs.uk

Can be a worthwhile job, but you'll learn to hate your evil overlord masters at the Department of Health.

Information Analyst (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsThe final year pension scheme, which, I think, no longer exists for new employees. And there probably won't be anything left in the pot by the time you retire anyway after Labor's finished raiding it.

ConsEverything you do is geared towards chasing paper targets and nonsensical initiatives drafted by some monkey at the Department of Health, what we want to do is help people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrivate organisations see the NHS as a cash cow they can tap for funds, heads should be rolling for the gross financial negligence exhibited by policymakers.

NHS - Great non-pay benefits, hard to progress, poor communication, but trying to make it work

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Kent, England (UK)

I worked at UK National Health Service

Pros: Because its an organisation accountable to the government, every effort is made for all organisations to have the same benefits including Annual leave and family… Cons: Promotion opportunities are there, although it may take you a while for you to progress in your career at the speed you want. In some… Advice to Senior Management: They need to invest and provide proper structured development programmes to new managers BEFORE they start their new role and get sucked into the manic… More

The death of ambition

Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Kent, England (UK)

I have been working at UK National Health Service

Pros: If you are satisfied to do a poor job and have absolutely no ambition, then the total absence of any feedback or link between performance… Cons: If you are results focused and expect recognition and reward for your commitment then you… Advice to Senior Management: Introduce training and career advice for all employees not just clinical staff, women or those from Minority Ethnic backgrounds. Introduce frequent appraisals for all staff with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on UK National Health Service.

Worked for UK National Health Service? Contribute to the Community!