There are newer employer reviews for UMPhysicians

Great place to start a career in healthcare

Current Employee - Patient Representative
Current Employee - Patient Representative

Pros

Fun place to work for those who have a passion for healthcare. Opportunities to learn, cross-train, get promoted, participate in side projects, and fund-raisers are available in addition to doing your everyday job, which keeps life interesting, motivating and fun. I'm fortunate enough to work in a very dynamic setting with like-minded colleagues who all deeply care about the patients. Communication is better than average among staff and physicians which makes for a less stressful environment. Overall, a very cohesive and respectful clinic environment to develop professionally.

Cons

The company has outgrown the building in which it operates. The marketing department could be better. The strategic partnership with Fairview could be stronger, and they can definitely work better together as a team on some initiatives... Employees often get the runaround when needing support from things like IT, marketing etc., because no one seems to know who has ownership of some of the duties.

Advice to Management

Align UMP and Fairview better to facilitate a smoother workflow for employees, and to improve patient experience. If it's confusing for the employee, it's confusing for the patient!

Other Employee Reviews for UMPhysicians

1. Constant Improvements

Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at UMPhysicians full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with the people here. University of MN Physicians is constantly improving and thriving to be competitive with other places. Engagement teams are involved to help improve employees' survey.

Cons

Medical benefits could be better for sure. I want to see more room for opportunity or go up the ladder. Hard to take time off especially in my department - Out of 14 people only one person could take time off.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more employee recognition.

2. IT department lead

Former Employee - IT Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - IT Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at UMPhysicians (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pockets of good people doing good work above average 401k contributions

Cons

So much animosity between departments change is difficult little innovation

Advice to Management

open up to more collaboration build a more inclusive environment inside and outside of department special treatment within the department is obvious