UMPhysicians

www.umphysicians.org

Great place to start a career in healthcare

Current Employee - Patient Representative
Current Employee - Patient Representative

Pros

Fun place to work for those who have a passion for healthcare. Opportunities to learn, cross-train, get promoted, participate in side projects, and fund-raisers are available in addition to doing your everyday job, which keeps life interesting, motivating and fun. I'm fortunate enough to work in a very dynamic setting with like-minded colleagues who all deeply care about the patients. Communication is better than average among staff and physicians which makes for a less stressful environment. Overall, a very cohesive and respectful clinic environment to develop professionally.

Cons

The company has outgrown the building in which it operates. The marketing department could be better. The strategic partnership with Fairview could be stronger, and they can definitely work better together as a team on some initiatives... Employees often get the runaround when needing support from things like IT, marketing etc., because no one seems to know who has ownership of some of the duties.

Align UMP and Fairview better to facilitate a smoother workflow for employees, and to improve patient experience. If it's confusing for the employee, it's confusing for the patient!

Other reviews for UMPhysicians

UMP-Heart

Current Employee - Senior Patient Representative  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Patient Representative in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

The job security in this company is very good.

Cons

Below average pay, substandard benefits and a far too large work load vs. size of team ratio. This company seems very reactionary to the changing landscape of health care as well rather than being proactive.

Make sure your staff has the "man power" to ensure their tasks are done effectively and efficiently.
    Also, catastrophic health care plans are a little underwhelming. Take a page out of Target, Macy's, Medtronic, Starbucks book(s) and provide decent health care for your work force.

Older Nurses not wanted

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I enjoyed the time I was with UMPhysicians working under the Mgr that hired me. Then within 7 months there were 5 different turnovers in Managers.
    Pay was fair. not the best, but fair.
    Benefits are great.

Cons

Senior nurses are forced out of their jobs if not voluntarily, they cut the hours so drastically it cost more money to get to work than what you are paid for. I had applied for many jobs for internal transfer with qualifications that exceeded their requirements. It is perplexing why this Company requires many years of experience when it comes to CEO and other upper management, but do not appreciate the senior nurses many years of their experience. Would think they would utilize us as highly valuable assets and mentors to other younger RN's to reduce the high turnover turn over. Why any Company would not want to utilize the many years that a Senior nurse has to offer is beyond logic. The bottom line is all about the "money".
    I was told by my direct manager, i was too expensive, and that she could hire someone cheaper but with less experience. I would not recommend working for this Company, unless you are fresh out of RN school or have less than 15 years of experience. If you are hired, keep your Resume updated.

Appreciate the Senior nurses and the experience they have to offer.
    Do not micro manage.
    Stand up for your employees, when confronted to cut hours. and Senior nurses.
    Hire Senior nurses, instead of forcing them out of a job, they NEED. Our loyalty counts for something

There are newer employer reviews for UMPhysicians.

Worked for UMPhysicians? Contribute to the Community!