UMPhysicians

www.umphysicians.org

Great place to start a career in healthcare

Patient Representative (Current Employee)

ProsFun place to work for those who have a passion for healthcare. Opportunities to learn, cross-train, get promoted, participate in side projects, and fund-raisers are available in addition to doing your everyday job, which keeps life interesting, motivating and fun. I'm fortunate enough to work in a very dynamic setting with like-minded colleagues who all deeply care about the patients. Communication is better than average among staff and physicians which makes for a less stressful environment. Overall, a very cohesive and respectful clinic environment to develop professionally.

ConsThe company has outgrown the building in which it operates. The marketing department could be better. The strategic partnership with Fairview could be stronger, and they can definitely work better together as a team on some initiatives... Employees often get the runaround when needing support from things like IT, marketing etc., because no one seems to know who has ownership of some of the duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign UMP and Fairview better to facilitate a smoother workflow for employees, and to improve patient experience. If it's confusing for the employee, it's confusing for the patient!

UMP-Heart

Senior Patient Representative (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UMPhysicians full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The job security in this company is very good. Cons: Below average pay, substandard benefits and a far too large work load vs. size of team ratio.… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure your staff has the "man power" to ensure their tasks are done effectively and efficiently. Also, catastrophic health care plans… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Older Nurses not wanted

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at UMPhysicians part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I enjoyed the time I was with UMPhysicians working under the Mgr that hired me. Then within… Cons: Senior nurses are forced out of their jobs if not voluntarily, they cut the hours so drastically it cost more money to get to work… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate the Senior nurses and the experience they have to offer. Do not micro manage. Stand up for your employees, when confronted to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on UMPhysicians.

Worked for UMPhysicians? Contribute to the Community!