There are newer employer reviews for UMT

A bit better than the typical boutique consulting firm

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at UMT

Pros

Microsoft Partnership lends marketplace credibility

Cons

Limited progression if your interests are more than the Microsoft EPM space, including even with other EPM vendors

Partners should broaden and deepen their industry and IT expertise.

reviews filtered by

Challenging Work, Strong Career Growth

I have been working at UMT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

UMT is in a unique growth phase and adding a number of programs to compete against the Big 4. I get to learn this from the Quarterly meetings with the CEO and President, which are very open door and questions/comments are encouraged. Everyone has a voice and some of the new programs announced this year (Women @UMT and the UMT Mentor Program) are a very encouraging signal.

My projects have been more focused on solution design. There is a definite focus on technology to drive solutions, but that's something I enjoy. Teams are small and, if you're doing well, plan to be with your client for a while. Not necessarily the same project, but clients like to hold onto strong resources.

When they announce new employees, they all seem to be coming from Deloitte, IBM, etc., as well as good MBA programs, so the validation that we're a destination firm is encouraging.

Cons

The term 'work/life balance' is a no-no. Client first. But that's management consulting across the board. Don't pursue this as a career if you're not ready for the lifestyle.

No future

I have been working at UMT

Pros

Ok if you need a green card to get into the u.s.

Cons

No future here. Management is very closed. Look at management team on website. Unless you look like these guys there is no future for you. They just deliver project server, which is in little demand elsewhere. Avoid.

Become open toother points of view

There are newer employer reviews for UMT