UMass Medical School
www.umassmed.edu Worcester, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

I've worked in a lot of great places. This wasn't one of them.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
Charlestown, MA

ProsYou get a lot of vacation and sick time. There's a lot of nice people, but only if you find yourself in the right unit or department.

ConsThere's a very high turnover rate. It's unfriendly towards teamwork or group activities. Creativity is dead. There's very little opportunity for growth or advancement. And there's a level of discrimination towards race and gender that's somewhat apparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish that upper management and human resource would better scrutinize the abuse of workers by lower management. There's almost no protection for workers. If you're being railroaded neither HR or upper management would hear you out and will always side with their fellow managers. I've never though that unions were necessary until I've worked here.

OK

Scientist (Former Employee)
    Worcester, MA

I worked at UMass Medical School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good basic science environment, Possibilities for collaboration. Cons: Little internal funds to support new scientists, Advice to Senior Management: Raise more money for support of entry faculty and even… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great for a little while

Research Associate (Current Employee)
    Worcester, MA

I have been working at UMass Medical School

Pros: State job offers fantastic benefits - got to choose between about 9 different health insurances, 13… Cons: In any lab, the person in charge is a scientist and not a manager. This leads to many problems with… More
There are newer reviews on UMass Medical School.

Worked for UMass Medical School? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UMass Medical School reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UMass Medical School CEO Michael F. Collins. All reviews posted anonymously by UMass Medical School employees.