There are newer employer reviews for UNC Health Care

Great co-workers

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Chapel Hill, NC
Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at UNC Health Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is good. Mileage reimbursement is good. Chance to make extra money with PPV. The amount for PPV is high. Great City to work in and great surrounding cities. Lots of things to do if moving to the area. I liked the 8-5 deal. would still go back and work with this company.

Cons

lots of turnover with management, CM tend to be overloaded with patients. Salaried for 40hr/wk but work more like 50hr/wk.

44 Other Employee Reviews for UNC Health Care (View Most Recent)

Good learning experience/

I have been working at UNC Health Care

Pros

State funded job with great benefits

Cons

No personal growth options.
    No compensation for hard work and dedication.

UNC Healthcare is a GREAT place to work

Current Employee - Healthcare Unit Coordinator  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Healthcare Unit Coordinator in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at UNC Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoy working for UNC Healthcare. The pace is active, the pay is above average, the paid time off policies are very generous. The culture here is incredible!! If someone needs help, the other team members are right there to pitch in. Everyone here has one goal- to do what is best for the patient. I would definitely recommend UNC Healthcare as not only a great place to work, but also to be a patient or student. UNC offers many benefits to its employees. Besides PTO, there are many different types of insurance to choose from including dental, medical, vision, auto,disability, and life. UNC takes part in the State of North Carolina Teachers and State Employees Retirement plan as well as offering 401Ks for those who desire.

Cons

Sometimes, the work-life balance is not very good. Usually it is, but since the whole system is transitioning to EPIC, vacant postions are not being filled.

I love the caring attitude and core values the system has adopted. While EPIC is necessary and will probably be a good thing, there should have been more time allowed to implement it. I do not know what my new job responsibilities are going to be and neither does my supervisor. The HUCs only got 4 hours of training on the new system. That's not a lot and I don't remember much. There should be cheat sheets for us which now are lacking.

There are newer employer reviews for UNC Health Care

Worked for UNC Health Care? Contribute to the Community!