UPMC

www.upmc.com

Employee morale is in the gutter

Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Pros-You can pick your own shifts.
-If you are outgoing, you can interact with doctors and physician assistants that will give you opportunities to shadow them, which is great for college students planning to go into healthcare.
-Work with some great people who care about their patients...until they get burnt out.

ConsMorale is way down. Understaffed and cannot keep up with the hotel like stay that is expected. High stress. Management is out of touch. UPMC health plan is garbage - very high deductibles and cannot see any doctors outside of UPMC. Raises were deferred two years to the point where new hires were making more than those with years of experience. Low pay compared to retirement communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementUPMC used to be a good place to work, but with new policies and advertisements in place, the hospital is burning a lot of good employees out. Focus more on team building and not being as bureaucratic as possible, increase pay to pa market rates, and actually staff the units.

Great until I tried to leave

Systems Analyst - Intermediate (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at UPMC

Pros: Good benefits and my salary was very fair. Cons: Informaiton hoarding, jobs not posted but rather offered to the "preferred employees". When I tried to leave I was told by my DIRECTOR that… Advice to Senior Management: see above about posting posting jobs, and informaiton hoarding. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Okay for a short time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at UPMC

Pros: Benefits are great at UPMC. Cons: Pay isn't so good and very strict about time off.… More

There are newer reviews on UPMC.

Worked for UPMC? Contribute to the Community!