UPMC

www.upmc.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPMC

Lots of Opportunities to Learn.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at UPMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

UPMC is always having some sort of learning workshop. UPMC is very education-minded, which is important for a health-care facility!

Cons

Some managers of the departments don't know the first thing about scheduling. The schedules are so random that you wonder if they used a roulette wheel to put the schedule together!

To keep employees happy (therefore causing less turn-over), use managers that have scheduling experience. Or, at least use managers that aren't afraid to incorporate the skills of their employees (if they have the qualifications) to help make the schedules.

256 Other Employee Reviews for UPMC (View Most Recent)

Very good

I have been working at UPMC

Pros

-Good job for student employees

Cons

No room for job adavncement

There's a lot that's right with UPMC, but there's a lot that's wrong with UPMC.

I have been working at UPMC

Pros

For the most part, have loved my job, and loved my clients. Hours are reasonable, pay is adequate. Benefits rock.

Cons

Different standards for different people. Politics. Drama in departments. Little feedback and improvement opportunities.

Please, please, please stop using fear as a management mechanism. Please learn to communicate with your staff, and treat them as more than numbers. You say you have "A Just Culture" -- its time to start using it.

There are newer employer reviews for UPMC