It has potential but falls incredibly short.

Current Employee - Medical Technologist  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UPMC Southside

Pros

This is a nice quaint local hospital in a good location. The staff here takes their job very seriously. Patient care here is second to none.

Cons

Very poor pay in comparison to other area hospitals. Also the fact that is eventually going to close. Well at least that is what I am hearing. I would have to say that the lines of communication are non-existent. There is no downward or upward channeling of info. Many times I hear info three weeks later than some of the folks in my section.

Talk to your people! Keep them in the loop. There is nothing worse than being completely in the dark and just guessing what is going to happen next. Also, recognition for outstanding job performance is lacking.

Other Reviews for UPMC Southside

Great place for a misogynist to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UPMC Southside

Pros

There were good benefits, and most of the coworkers made it enjoyable. Most of the department managers and supervisors were great to work with.

Cons

Senior management and the executive team are not very supportive, and although the president is a woman, the men do not seem to respect women.

They should provide better communication with employees, and treat employees like they are human and equal - just because one is a senior level manager or executive doesn't mean you are any better of a person than someone who mops the floors, serves the foods, takes blood, or cares for patients.

UPMC

I have been working at UPMC Southside

Pros

Can accrue substantial vacation time
    Nice location to work

Cons

Extremely nepotistic company
    Senior management is not employee friendly
    People are promoted based on who they know, not on performance

Bring in new blood that has vision, we are in 2010, why is UPMC still operating like it is 1975? As the largest employer in SW Pa. people should be clamoring to work here instead of all trying to escape.

There are newer employer reviews for UPMC Southside.

Worked for UPMC Southside? Contribute to the Community!