UPS Freight

Money, Benefits and Retirement is Great, but you pay with your personal health

Current Employee - Management
Current Employee - Management

I have been working at UPS Freight

Pros

Money is one of the top in the industry. Benefits are great. I work here because after 25 years, you can get a GREAT Retirement, if you live that long. UPS has great retirement because they plan on killing you off before you get to retire.

Cons

100% thankless. There are no pats on the back, upper management just wants one thing, MORE. As a manager, you have to deal with the customers, which is the part I enjoy, that's why we are here. But we are given so many other things to do daily, we just don't have time to focus on what really matters. We are given goals that are near impossible to hit. We are PUNISHED Verbally on conference calls daily for not hitting any one of our hundreds of measurements. You have to deal with the drivers who would rather work harder at making excuses for not doing their job then they work at just doing the job. Our equipment is the laughing stock of the industry. Overnite was suppose to go away when bought by UPS, so I was told, but this is the same old Hillbilly Trucking Overnite that it was 15 years ago. Nothing has changed, operationally minded company who does not care about their managers.

Show a little care towards your front line managers. It's easy to sit in an office 2000 miles away, look at some numbers on a spread sheet and tell us how to do things. If they are so easy and "All ya gotta do is...." then get out here and show us how. Help us, rather than Monday morning armchair quarterback us. You might even thank them once in a while for the job they do. Not once a month on a conference call, when you blanket thank the entire region or company, but how about picking up the phone, calling that person directly and saying, "Hey man, thank you for your day in and day out detication." I do that with my employees, and it's amazing the smiles I get in return. Something as simple as a hand shake and a thank you. It's not hard, honest. I haven't had anything to smile about in a long time. Sad, and all I can do to get through is count the minutes to the weekend, and prey Monday comes around slowly. IF it was not for the retirement, I would not stay. I was asked once, "would you suggest working for UPS Freight to a friend?" To answer that, I wouldn't wish my job on my worst enemy.

138 Other Employee Reviews for UPS Freight (View Most Recent)

My experience is not pleasant.

I have been working at UPS Freight

Pros

its a paycheck which helps me save money for the future.

Cons

The downside of working with UPS freight is Management. They expect you to do something but dont have a clue on how to lead.

I dont have any advice for management.

very good

Current Employee - Seasonal
    Current Employee - Seasonal

I have been working at UPS Freight

Pros

Once your hired other potential Employers seem to see you as a hard worker and it something you can be proud of.

Cons

Most full time Employees are unhappy with having to have long days at work and do not like weekly tests related to job safety. they hate signing anything as they are union. I am union but are not tested because I am seasonal. Nice!

Some Dispatchers are overwhelmed and need more help sometimes. I always hated to add anyworkload to thier plate.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS Freight