UPS Freight

ltl.upsfreight.com
  ltl.upsfreight.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS Freight

An alright job if you have no life or skills.

Current Employee - Dock Worker
Current Employee - Dock Worker

I have been working at UPS Freight

Pros

This Job has been fairly good about having a good working schedule. Never work weekends and have major holidays off.

Cons

Graveyard shift and yet the pay is sub-par compared to similar places of employment. You have to join the Teamsters union to work here. Yet they only really care about the drivers. The same is true about UPS, they really only care for the drivers.

141 Other Employee Reviews for UPS Freight (View Most Recent)

Good pay for the industry but that is about it

I have been working at UPS Freight

Pros

For the industry I am in the pay is satisfying. They seem to try and do good things in the community.

Cons

Not really doing any investing in the future. Sort of getting behind in the times. Their vacation package is HORRIBLE. I am in Information Technology. They have different policies and rules between supervisors and nonsupervisors. For example, supervisors cannot have any facial hair and no visible tattoos yet in the same office nonsupervisors walk around with any sort of facial hair and clothing they want. I actually saw a female walking around today that had a human skull tattooed on her arm and in plain site. Supervisors can walk around with a 80s mustache, but no other kind of facial hair. Its a trucking company for goodness sakes. Probably alot of these rules comes from parent company UPS. They seem to treat UPS Freight like the red headed step child.

Respect your employees. Treat everyone fair and equal. improve your 401K plan. And dont make people have to work there 8 years before they get 3 weeks vacation. Does not seem to promote family time.

Money, Benefits and Retirement is Great, but you pay with your personal health

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at UPS Freight

Pros

Money is one of the top in the industry. Benefits are great. I work here because after 25 years, you can get a GREAT Retirement, if you live that long. UPS has great retirement because they plan on killing you off before you get to retire.

Cons

100% thankless. There are no pats on the back, upper management just wants one thing, MORE. As a manager, you have to deal with the customers, which is the part I enjoy, that's why we are here. But we are given so many other things to do daily, we just don't have time to focus on what really matters. We are given goals that are near impossible to hit. We are PUNISHED Verbally on conference calls daily for not hitting any one of our hundreds of measurements. You have to deal with the drivers who would rather work harder at making excuses for not doing their job then they work at just doing the job. Our equipment is the laughing stock of the industry. Overnite was suppose to go away when bought by UPS, so I was told, but this is the same old Hillbilly Trucking Overnite that it was 15 years ago. Nothing has changed, operationally minded company who does not care about their managers.

Show a little care towards your front line managers. It's easy to sit in an office 2000 miles away, look at some numbers on a spread sheet and tell us how to do things. If they are so easy and "All ya gotta do is...." then get out here and show us how. Help us, rather than Monday morning armchair quarterback us. You might even thank them once in a while for the job they do. Not once a month on a conference call, when you blanket thank the entire region or company, but how about picking up the phone, calling that person directly and saying, "Hey man, thank you for your day in and day out detication." I do that with my employees, and it's amazing the smiles I get in return. Something as simple as a hand shake and a thank you. It's not hard, honest. I haven't had anything to smile about in a long time. Sad, and all I can do to get through is count the minutes to the weekend, and prey Monday comes around slowly. IF it was not for the retirement, I would not stay. I was asked once, "would you suggest working for UPS Freight to a friend?" To answer that, I wouldn't wish my job on my worst enemy.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS Freight