UPS

www.upsjobs.com
  www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Fun, stress free, easy to work with co-workers, often fast paced, no brainer job.

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at UPS

Pros

The job is a part time job which makes it great to be a college student or have a second job. You know exactly what you have to do. It is a physical job so you easily get into shape while working there. You can be trained and work more than one area, if you desire. They teach very good safety policies. They have excellent benefits. There is a variety of personality types which makes it fun. It takes a lot to get fired. Which is a pro and con. They have no problem with you calling out so long as you communicate with your supervisor. (except during Peak season) Raise after 90 days and then at 1 year.

Cons

People who shouldn't be working there stay for the benefits. So sometimes you are working with people who don't care about anything there, which makes it frustrating for someone who actually enjoys being there. Some days you only work 2 1/2 hours so your paycheck is often times small. If you are not following safety procedures it is easy to become injured. Sometimes there are too many people and not enough work so you stand around watching other people. Because employees can join the union, lazy, unsafe employees can continue working long after they should have been fired.

Flight ops needs to be more on top of things and not wait till the last minute. Crews could be better prepared if we knew information in advanced. Ensure that all supervisors actually cared and are continually review safe work methods instead of only when the Safety auditors are coming. Safety policy is in place for a reason enforce it. Find a way to fire the employees who really shouldn't be working there even though the Union is protecting them.

2805 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

UPS stays with the times

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UPS

Pros

New trucks and a new green attitude! A good place to work just live by the rules! I like the ability to be outside a stay in shape! Good attitude by local drivers when the manager is good!

Cons

You need to always be on and do your work on time sometimes you need to double your efforts. It's been a big change for many who don't like it ... I don't always like the work load and intense focus on being onetime but. It is what it is...

Remember those who make everything happen we work hard and like to be recognized for what we do and compensated appropriately

Good place to work

Former Employee - Driver Helper in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Driver Helper in Providence, RI

I worked at UPS

Pros

Weekends off
    Good experience
    Ability to move up
    Great people to work with
    Busy during holiday season
    A lot of walking

Cons

Seasonal position
    Part-time not enough hours
    Long days at times
    Old trucks
    Lunch break on the truck

There are newer employer reviews for UPS