UPS

www.upsjobs.com
  www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

a great company to work for

Current Employee - UPS Driver in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - UPS Driver in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UPS

Pros

well paying job, great benefits and pension, union keeps your job secured from incompetent management. Seeing customers happy and giving the best customer service I can possibly give.

Cons

most management personel are incompetent and don't care much about the employee... UPS is a great company and I am proud of being a part of it. It's just that management makes it difficult for us to work.

Let us do our job

2805 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Truthful and honest

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS

Pros

part time benefits are on par with full time benefits of other companies. Not many companies will offer the type of benefits for part time work that UPS does.

Cons

Manual labor can wear down one's back. You work out in the elements more or less. Facilities vary from station to station which impacts your success.

Communication and more training. Also, more streamlined promotion cycles.

Ever been to jail? This is an 8 hour a day jail sentence

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at UPS

Pros

A salary that is slightly above average to others in the area

Cons

Where to begin. I would say micro-management, but even that word does not adequately describe the way that the upper management in the site manage the ISRs or the Supervisors. It also does not adequately describe the way that the Supervisors manage the ISRs. I think a more accurate description of the management style is management by intimidation and bullying. There are nit picking metrics that we are measured on, including one particularly arbitrary number included in our goal that has no direct effect on your "percent to plan" . This job feels like it is one step away from requiring you to read off of script cards. There are some "initiatives" that are brought out where we are essentially required to harass our customers.

While I understand that while we are at work from 8-5 each day, some of us have family situations that occur with our children or spouses that must be taken care of or handled. Management does not look kindly on having to take time to handle these situations. You are also not allowed to be sick- ever. If you are ever sick, you are required to have a discussion with your supervisor and sign papers that say "I understand that it is important for me to be at work every day, and if it happens again I could lose my job" The same for being late.

I would advice Senior management at the site to back off and listen more to the employees. I would suggest that HR quit turning what appears to be a blind eye to the backbone of the Inside Sales division- The ISRs. I would suggest that the Senior Management that is not at the site, to take a good hard look at what they are requiring of the Inside Sales Division and see if their expectations are reasonable (hint: they are not). I would advise every management resource to not speak out of both sides of their mouth. On one hand there is no relief in the pressure that is put upon us because the economy is poor and people just are not shipping- we are told it is no excuse for not making our numbers, but you freeze raises and stop 401k matching because of the state the economy is in. Which is it?

There are newer employer reviews for UPS