There are newer employer reviews for UPS

it was good physical workout but too much politics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at UPS

Pros

physical workout
promotion to managers after you take some tests
part time, so you can take classes as well
not much people skills needed

Cons

politics around safety and work performance
they want you to use all safety precautions, but while they are telling you that their actions tell you that all the care about is very fast and accurate package loading/unloading.
if the senior people come to warehouse, then someone from management comes to ensure that everyone is using safety equipment.
The senior managers don't bs with you they have belt managers to do it for them (who make few dollars more than package handlers)

It's a physical job and i liked working out. I lost 30 lbs in 5 months. I was happy. Then, my belt manager quit. We never had good manager who wouldn't have mood swings. I even moved to early morning work loading delivery trucks. My manager has some mood swings issue. She would praise you then after 3 mins shes mad and 3 mins after that she be like "since you are doing so well with your packages why dont you go there and put packages into the bins..then she forgets to call me to come back..now i had my packages in the bins and everybody is leaving work..the drivers are there to drive. it happened almost every for 5 months. so after total of 20 months of work at UPS i quit...my fellow workers were happy that i had choice to quit because they had families asnd were there for medical benefits..I miss the workouts but i am happy i dont have to deal with bs.

reviews filtered by
  1. temporary, minimal

Current Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in Dover, NH
    Current Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in Dover, NH

I have been working at UPS

Pros

benefits, some sense of security albeit a false one

Cons

top heavy management, big corporation = little fish in big pond

2. Learning

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Santa Maria, CA
    Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Santa Maria, CA

I worked at UPS

Pros

The benefits are great, the learning experience was good. Lots of parking space. Working with great experienced people. Any employee that hung on there till the end were great people. UPS lost good employees.

Cons

Reprimanded for the smallest things. You had to be a robot and take extreme pressure from higher ups. No matter how hard you worked, you still got whipped.

Management should of taken better care of the employees, maybe stuck up for each employee. Management should of fought harder for their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS