UPS

www.ups.com

it was good physical workout but too much politics

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosphysical workout
promotion to managers after you take some tests
part time, so you can take classes as well
not much people skills needed

Conspolitics around safety and work performance
they want you to use all safety precautions, but while they are telling you that their actions tell you that all the care about is very fast and accurate package loading/unloading.
if the senior people come to warehouse, then someone from management comes to ensure that everyone is using safety equipment.
The senior managers don't bs with you they have belt managers to do it for them (who make few dollars more than package handlers)

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a physical job and i liked working out. I lost 30 lbs in 5 months. I was happy. Then, my belt manager quit. We never had good manager who wouldn't have mood swings. I even moved to early morning work loading delivery trucks. My manager has some mood swings issue. She would praise you then after 3 mins shes mad and 3 mins after that she be like "since you are doing so well with your packages why dont you go there and put packages into the bins..then she forgets to call me to come back..now i had my packages in the bins and everybody is leaving work..the drivers are there to drive. it happened almost every for 5 months. so after total of 20 months of work at UPS i quit...my fellow workers were happy that i had choice to quit because they had families asnd were there for medical benefits..I miss the workouts but i am happy i dont have to deal with bs.

temporary, minimal

Seasonal Driver Helper (Current Employee) Dover, NH

I have been working at UPS

Pros: benefits, some sense of security albeit a false one Cons: top heavy management, big corporation = little fish in big… More

Learning

Computer Specialist (Former Employee) Santa Maria, CA

I worked at UPS

Pros: The benefits are great, the learning experience was good. Lots of parking space. Working with great experienced… Cons: Reprimanded for the smallest things. You had to be a robot and take extreme… Advice to Senior Management: Management should of taken better care of the employees, maybe stuck… More
There are newer reviews on UPS.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!