UPS

www.upsjobs.com
  www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

hard work, great benefits, low pay

Current Employee - Sorter in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Sorter in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at UPS

Pros

great benefits, decent pension if you can stick it out, some opportunity to advance into management if you want to

Cons

very hard work, the harder you work the more work they give you, low hrly pay, no full time positions

better feedback to workers on what's expected each day, don't just demand, reward hard work with praise not just more work

2791 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

UPS subsidiary Businesses are not UPS

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I worked at UPS

Pros

Large company, chance to move around within company

Cons

The boss got all the credits. Employees who actual do the job don't.

Managers review and promotion do need to be monitored especially in the subsidiary businesses. Lot of favoritism. UPS core value does not exist here

Adventurous

Former Employee - Driver Assistant in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Driver Assistant in Olympia, WA

I worked at UPS

Pros

The Drivers are very relaxed guys but also hard working. I drove with three different guys, all with different personalities, all great people. Every one is kind of like a family there, so when you get in, you become like part of a family. Benefits are good, and there is exceptional room for growth in the company. People also really appreciate you if you show them you care. I got gifts and special treatment from our regulars during the holiday season. On the up side, you have a lot of privacy, and dont really have to get personal with any one if you dont want to. There isn't some one constantly looking over your shoulder.

Cons

The hours are long, and you are responsible for other peoples property. You experience all the changes in the weather because the trucks are basically big tin cans. No radio either. It can be very boring at times, and if you service a rural area like i did, then you may be short on pit stops. I had the choice of a bar, prison, or fire station. Haha.

communication and reach-ability of upper management was a bit scattered and difficult. I hate the trucks too! We have to be in these things all day, cant they be a bit more comfortable?

There are newer employer reviews for UPS