There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Good benefits and pay, but....

Former Employee - Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at UPS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

UPS has awesome employee benefits such as health, dental and vision insurance. They have tuition reimbursement and scholarships that can be awarded to employees. They pay is pretty great and they are very good at promoting from within instead of hiring off the street. Training sessions are very thorough and informative.

Cons

It's hard physical labor; no joke, this was the most strenuous job I have ever had. It was freezing in the winter and hot in the summer. My back ached from lifting box after box and I had cuts and bruises all over me. It's also really fast paced work (especially in small sort). They let people go if they can't keep up/make quota.

2518 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Eagan, MN

I have been working at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

For a job that requires zero experience, it provides a great work schedule, and the benefits are definitely worth it.

Cons

Pay could be better, but the benefits make up for the low pay. Breaks are quite short for the type of work, but it is something that you get used to.

zero room for advancement

Current Employee - Yard Shifter  in  Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Yard Shifter in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

only one, the benefits. and the pay isn't bad for parttime. other than that its mostly cons ups really sucks to work for.

Cons

zero room for going fulltime waisted 12years of life. they say it has open door policy but they dont. they expect way too much for a parttime dead end job. and ups is a dead end job.do not work for this company unless you are really desperate.

stop trying to intimidate employees.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!