There are newer employer reviews for UPS

it is the best challange ever found

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

its the best win win organization ever

Cons

you have to work under big pressure

Advice to Management

just remember you were an entry level employee once in your past

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. good company

Current Employee - Account Executive in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, internal promotion, very systematic approach towards the process. stock option can be good

Cons

promotion is slow. HR process is very top-down. highly political working enviorment, the structure of the organization is always a bit of complicated.

Advice to Management

try harder

2. Best job you can get without a college degree.

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

By far the best benefits you can get for only working 17 hours a week.

Job advancement all depends on timing (everything is seniority based except management) but is very much worth it if you can become a package/feeder/air/combo driver.

Great work out.

Teamster (union) influence (in most areas it's pretty good - some centers I've worked at were absolutely terrible as far as the company/union relations)

Cons

Very physical - at my current center (of 5 years) I've seen 4 or 5 military reserve employees quit due to physical stress (they actually walked out mid sort). When working a night sort (local sort), summer temperatures in the trailers average over 140 degrees. During the winter, preload sorts (morning sorts) can be single digit temperatures depending on where you live - and you WILL work in it.

Though I listed it as a pro, seniority based job advancement can be terrible in specific cases.

You can only transfer as a part-timer by means of education, death in the family, or mortal health/sickness. Transferring is impossible if there aren't any openings.

Advice to Management

Let us do our jobs. Stop meddling in "the work that is beneath you" (even though I found out a few years ago that very few UPS upper management has ever worked inside or even in package).

Don't be afraid to attempt to boot lazy employees. Being an union employee I can understand getting rid of other lazy employees taking advantage of teamster protection. They're only slowing the company down and wasting everyone's time being there.

Have more respect for senior employees and stop babying the new ones and playing favorites with your part-time/driver/building/regional/labor/HR managers.