zero room for advancement

Current Employee - Yard Shifter in Mesquite, TX
Current Employee - Yard Shifter in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

only one, the benefits. and the pay isn't bad for parttime. other than that its mostly cons ups really sucks to work for.

Cons

zero room for going fulltime waisted 12years of life. they say it has open door policy but they dont. they expect way too much for a parttime dead end job. and ups is a dead end job.do not work for this company unless you are really desperate.

Advice to Management

stop trying to intimidate employees.

reviews filtered by

Part-time supervisor in Commerce City,Colorado

Current Employee - Part Time Operations Supervisor in Commerce City, CO
    Current Employee - Part Time Operations Supervisor in Commerce City, CO

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good, but I have been there a long time. Your fellow employees are good to work with. It is a union environment so that has pros and cons.

Cons

High stress workplace without proper training to do your job. You are just thrown into a job and expected to get the hang of it, improve, or get the heck out. They have done so many staffing cutbacks in the past several years that it makes the job very intense because you are doing the work of a couple people and need to get it done in 5.5 hours. There is very little room for advancement to full-time- it is either work 5.5 hours or give your life to UPS. Every full timer I know works at least 14 hours a day- I dont think there is a normal 8-10 hour job at UPS at my facility.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees and let them know they are valuable to you- the moral is really low and you have the power to change it!

2. UPS management sucks

Former Employee - Pre-loader in Glendale, NY
    Former Employee - Pre-loader in Glendale, NY

I worked at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

UPS offers a decent pay for a decent job. UPS is also a unionized job. UPS pays part time pre loaders employees for college tuition.

Cons

When I was about to make book - join the union, I got lay off. The timing was perfect. I did not get unionized, I did not get my unemployment benefits and I no longer had a job. Shame on you UPS. It could very well be a big coincidence, but I have my doubts.

Advice to Management

Not all employees are the same. I know some union members abuse, but not all employees are the same. Give everyone a fair chance.