UPS

www.upsjobs.com
  www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

UPS career review

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Solid financial company with good pay and great benefits. People are driven to do a good job and work as a team. For those that have been with the company for a while are still lucky to have a pension which most comparable companies have done away with.

Cons

As with many large companies, change management can be difficult to manage. Upward mobility within the company has slowed down compared to 10-15 years ago.

2788 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Great way to get your foot in the door at one of the best companies in the world to move up in....

Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in Vergennes, VT
    Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in Vergennes, VT

I worked at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job is simple; do what the driver says, pay attention to your surroundings, follow all of the safety guidelines, and be on time. The drivers all had to pay serious dues to get where they are, so they are really laid back and willing to show you the ropes. Do this for the season and you've got your foot in the door for potential permanent hire with one of the most dynamic companies in the world.

Cons

There were none for me. If you have little to no work experience or a lack of work ethic, you may find the position a bit too physically demanding.

As you know, during peak season the package load per route increases exponentially; obviously warranting the need for more and more helpers as UPS continues to expand it's customer base. During orientation, a fellow helper told me that he heard about the job as advertised on a UPS package he received. Expound upon this advertising method for the helper job and you will find no shortage of helpers for peak season.

Disappointed Package Handler

Current Employee - UPS Package Handler in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - UPS Package Handler in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pros to this job are the benefits and the overtime (after 5 hours in a shift you get time and a half)

Cons

Oh, where to begin.
    Coworkers - Scum of the earth
    Management - Also scum of the earth, the only thing that saved me was the shop steward.
    Hours - Prepare to not have a life at all, there were times where I'd wake up and go to work, then get home and sleep till it was time to work again.
    Workload - You're expected to complete an extraordinary amount of work every day, which absolutely no breaks. In fact if you take breaks you're penalized for it.
    Salary - Yeah you know how minimum wage is $7.50? Well entry level is only $2 more.

Ya'll haven't changed the beginning salary in the past 12 years, what's up with that? $9.50/hr was a lot back then, now it's barely anything. The low salary makes it harder to retain good people which then in turn affects employee moral. You need to take a close look at how you're treating your employees and change it.

For instance - I worked at UPS for 6 weeks before I received my first paycheck. WHY? IS IT THAT HARD TO SEND OUT A CHECK? That's just incompetence.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS