UPS

There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Great!!!

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Memphis, TN

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If your in college this a great way to go. Insurance is always nice to have when you are young and sometimes dumb. All the other benefits here really provide some nice options when you finish with school. And in the summer you can pickup an extra job if needed for extra cash. A lot of the older guys run there own bushiness in my hub and don't mind extra hands in the summer. There could also be opportunities to drive package cars also.

Cons

Its hard work to most people, but if do your stretches and preserve your body you can turn it in a workout.

You know there is a union handbook, and so do we....so why try to "trick" us? i.e. unloading 900 boxes per hour is not a requirement to go into management.

2993 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

The worst experience of my life

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Bronx, NY

I worked at UPS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great job if you can get it!

Cons

They promise you that if you do your best you'll get a permanent position and enter the union, but that never happens, besides, they make you go to work, shave, get dressed and spend gas, just to send you home without pay, after waiting for a few hours in some instances, if you have tons of money saved up to cover your bills is the perfect job for you, otherwise, you'll be worst than not having a job, since they want you to be ready and willing anytime they need you.

If you don't mind the hours it's not bad

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Established company with long history.

Cons

Long hours hard to get a work/life balance.

Doing more with less will only work to a point. If reducing the workforce is the desired result then the exceptation point should be around 90 to 95% efficiency. As efficiency approaches 100% the hours demanded go up exponential. This makes for very long weeks.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS